Monday, July 2, 2012

Pre-Op Week 2

Still here ... just chugging along. Not too much happening other than the fact that I'M STARVING TO DEATH!!!! Or at least it feels like I am. Really I'm not, but it sure does feel like it at times. Other than that I'm doing ok.

I'm already down a few pounds. My husband was joking that I don't have to go for the surgery after all. I nicely punched him in the gut. LOL!

I'm now in my last week before surgery which is the clear fluid phase and I must admit that it does suck and I really want a steak but it is the last diet I will ever be on - so I will make due! 
Last week consisted of a full fluid diet, so basically strained soups, yogurt drink, lots of water and protein shakes. Now that I'm on my second week I downgrade to clear fluids only which is broths, clear juices, jello, water and sugar-free drinks. I am still suppose to be drinking the protein shakes only mixed with water instead of the pre-mixed ones that I was drinking. I've tried a few different kinds with just water and they all make me gag and puke. Not fun!!

I only have a week to go ... It's coming really fast. A few times in the past few days I've caught myself wondering what the hell I was thinking. Here I am, thinking of only myself, virtually putting my life at risk, leaving behind my family to do this. Am I crazy or what?!? What if something really horrible happens and I only have myself to blame? Just the thought gives me butterflies. I guess all I can do is hope and pray that I am ok and that I made the right decision. I know I need this help, I just catch myself thinking bad things once in a while.

Here are my before pictures and stats ...



June 23, 2012 / 2 weeks pre-op 
198lbs
goal weight 130lbs
68lbs to go

No comments:

Post a Comment