Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lots going on

I have a ton of things happening right now and that we just got through.

Kaylee's birthday was last weekend. It was a lot of fun and I'm gonna give it it's own post with lots of pictures.

Kaylee's neurologist appointment was on Monday. It went fairly well other than the fact that I didn't get someone else to watch Dax and he was fussy so it made it all a little harder to deal with. They did a thourough neuro exam and asked a lot of questions. The diagnosis: migraines. She is a 9 year old girl suffering from migraines. The doc thinks that the numbness in her face is an aura but the timing of them (being after the headache) isn't typical with the diagnosis so they are also doing an MRI. It's also thought that her stomach aches and behavior changes may be due to or coresponding with the migraines. All I know about her behavior is that it's getting so much worst and I am suffering a lot of anxiety due to it. Add the diagnosis and everything and I'm not doing so well. She's also going to be referred to a pediatric phychiatrist for evaluation. I'm happy about that. Kaylee's been called a bully at school due to her mood swings and temper. I'd love for a professional to look into it and help her out.

Dax is now fully on solid foods and regular formula and I'm happy about both decisions. I even made my own baby food yesterday (carrots). We started him on baby cereal, then bananas, pears and now carrots. So far he's loved everything. I just adore the way he makes cute little yum sounds when he eats and the way he licks his lips and opens his mouth for more. He's now eating 3 times a day and gets so excited when I put him in his highchair. He's also still drinking his bottle 5-6 times a day and 1-2 times at night. Hard to believe he's only in the 25th percentile for weight. Lol. We changed his formula too. He was on a lactose free formula but since the chances of an infant of having a true lactose intolerance are very low and that he's now on solids helped me make the decision to switch. He's now on walmart brand (parent's choice) formula with omega 3 & 6. Price wise it's a huge improvement. He's gone from $85.00 a week (hypoallergenic milk) to $40.00 a week (lactose free) to $18.00 a week. Way better. But more importantly than the money is that he likes it and is tolerating it well. He's a little more gassy but he's only been on it for a few days so that's to be expected.

Like I mentioned in my last paragraph - I made homemade baby food!! Yay! This is something I've known I wanted to try but figured that like breastfeeding and cloth diapers, it wouldn't happen. Reason I made it - I opened a jar of carrots and gave him some. He hated it. Made all kinds of funny faces. So I tried it myself and it was rancid. I couldn't in good faith feed that to my child when I have all the tools to make him good food (a steamer pot, magic bullet and little baby food containers). So I made it and it came out perfect and he ate some for dinner and he loved it. All worth while!

That's about all I can think of at the moment to get out of my brain and into yours. I know there's more but hopefully (cause you just never know) there will be more time to get into it. Have a gooder everyone (all one or two of my readers - lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment