Thursday, June 21, 2012

Food Funeral

Today is the last day of my old life.  Yes ... that means that I signed all the papers and got my surgery date.

It's on July 18th!!!!

Tomorrow I start my pre-op diet which will consist of high proteins and low carbs and be about 1000-1200 calories a day.  That will last for two weeks and then I move on to full fluids for one week and then clear fluids for the week before surgery. 

So today was my food funeral.  I went out and pigged out.  Maybe not the best idea but I wanted to do it anyway.  My husband and I went out for our anniversary date and we went to a Brazilian steakhouse.  It was fantastic. 

There is so much about my life right now that I will miss terribly.  I love food.  Simple as that. I'm not healthy though and I want to be around to watch my kids grow up.  There is so much more than I want in life so food is just going to have to be something that I give up in return for so much more. 

Goodbye old life ... Hello new me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment