Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Will I be the one??

That is the question that has been running through my mind every time I think about my surgery.  "Will I be the one ..." 

... that takes a long time to recover?
... that hates the sleeve and wishes she never did the surgery?
... that doesn't lose weight?
... that has complications?
... that dies?


I guess these are questions that will be answered eventually (and if I suddenly stop blogging then maybe the last one happened). 


I have talked to a variety of different people who have had this surgery and even though there have been some post-operative complications, they have been few and far between and they have been dealt with in a very positive manner.


I'm still terrified.  I think though that it would be unhealthy for me to be any other way.  I believe that you need to have some level of apprehension when making a life changing decision.


I really do hope though that the question will be

... that has a wonderful experience, loses tons of weight, gets super healthy, recovers quickly and most importantly, doesn't die?

No comments:

Post a Comment