Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Merry belated Christmas

It's been crazy busy around here with the holidays and Scott has also been home for an extended long weekend so it's been difficult to update. We had a great Christmas. I'm running on a lot less sleep than usual and that has taken it's toll on me but I think that I'm managing well enough. I'm trying not to be too cranky.

Daxon's first Christmas was fun. We went to the in-laws on Christmas eve (and day and boxing day), and ate and ate and ate. It was great. I really do enjoy going there even though I still think that they don't really like me all that much (except the fact that I'm a baby making machine. They're already talking about our next baby and Dax is only 2 months old). They also spoil us every Christmas. It's fun. I don't remember even being spoiled as an adult so I think its super.

Christmas morning Dax woke us all up nice and early so we opened our gifts (we really don't do much for each other as we do the boxing day shopping instead). I did get a deep fryer though which I really wanted and I got Scott a beer making kit and a root beer making kit. They looked pretty neat and I'm really hoping to get him interested in some sort of hobby (other than watching sports). Kaylee was happy with her haul and Dax sat quietly in his wicker laundry basket stuffed with blankets and watched. I got some great pictures and have many happy memories. Scott then went back to bed (remember the happy memories - well there goes that out the window - lol) and I spent the rest of the morning trying to prepare everything for our day trip to my parents house. After he finally got up and showered and then had to listen to me b*tch about him not helping out we were off. I can probably count on one hand how often Scott has been to see my family - I really think it's one sided most of the time (but that's another post all together). We had a good lunch there, got to see everyone and headed back early because I was starting to feel sick and didn't want to travel in the dark. Kaylee stayed behind and is spending a few days with her grandparents. It'll be nice to get a bit of a break.

I got my new to me and old to me (used to be mine until I gave it to my dad and now got it back) van. My little car was ... well just that - little. This is much better - I have way more room. It's old but it will do until I go back to work. Then I get the next new car as Scott got the last one. I can't wait.

Boxing day was good and we went out fairly early. There wasn't much we wanted but we looked around a bit and tried to get through all the stores with the stroller but that didn't work
too well. We gave up after getting new dishes and went home to relax. I had a great nap.

Daxon has been feeling much better lately. He's actually been fun to be around and is starting to give away those precious smiles more often. That, I think, has been the best part about this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment