Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Do I or don't I?

I'm not sure what to do. I'm torn. On one hand I love my house as it's nice and open with lots of space. But there are many things that I don't like about it too. There is only 2 bedrooms upstairs so Kaylee had to move to the main floor. There's loads of stairs as it's a bi-level house. The backyard is landscaped for a retired couple with ponds, flower beds and a hot tub. The thing I like best about it is I already live here and that means I don't have to move. However, our house came with a big mortgage and a huge payment. Over half our monthly income goes to the house, taxes, insurance and utilities. Couple that with car pmts, food, toiletries, a new baby and the super expensive formula he's on and we're broke before we even get paid. I hate living paycheck to paycheck. Now for my dilemma. Do I push to move. The reason our house was so expensive is because of the neighborhood it's in. We could find a perfectly fine house in one of the surrounding towns for about 100k less. Well that's a big pmt change. Biggest downside - having to sell this one and move. I dunno what to do. Time for some soul searching or at least some good financial advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment