Friday, January 14, 2011

Just another day...

Not much going on around here. Daxon's appointment yesterday went as well as can be expected. I gave him Tylenol before and it was perfectly timed. He cried like a baby (cause that's what he is - lol). I wonder if it brought back memories from all the needle pokes in the NICU. Other than that he came home and napped on and off for a few hours, ate well and was in pretty good spirits. At about 7ish he looked to be in some pain and was starting to run a little fever so I gave him more Tylenol. He slept an hour and then got up, watched dad and I bottle the beer we brewed a couple weeks ago, ate, and happily went back to bed. He slept from 9pm to 7:20am. Yay!

Kaylee is sick today. There is an outbreak of norovirus going around the city and I hope she doesn't have this. It causes nausea, cramps, vomiting and diarrhea. So far she only has the nausea and cramps. On a note about the outbreak - boy am I glad not to be at work through this. I guess my home unit is one that has been quarantined at the hospital. Everyone working there has to wear gowns, gloves and masks all day. Nooooo thank you!! Those are so hot. I had good timing with my baby making as I've missed two outbreaks on my unit so far.

Scott is also sick but he has a cold. It's a bad one. We've all had it - he is the last. Unfortunately it's a really busy time for him at work and he has not been able to take any time off to recover. I hate that he has to go to work because I HATE people who go to work sick!! I've given him hell more than once this week for continually going to work. There are other people at his office that are sick right now and they are staying home! He should be too. However if he's home - he'll expect me to look after him...

Spoke too soon ... Kaylee's puking now. Gonna be a long day!

1 comment:

  1. ughhh.... i hate when kiddos are sick...breaks my heart!

    good luck mama! :o)

    ReplyDelete