Friday, January 21, 2011

Feeling horrible

I feel so sad. I really goofed up when I said that I was back to my boring old life again. Words like that are just asking for trouble. I feel just horrible. Remember the post where I introduced my little nephew and that he was in the NICU, well we now know why ...
It is because he has severe brain damage due to lack of oxygen at birth. I guess he had a bowel movement during the birth process and he had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and of course he was born in an ambulance.

I don't have a lot of information yet but from what my brother says he has severe damage to the motor function areas of the brain. I really don't know much more than that. My brother just says he has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. I'm devastated. My whole family is. I look at my son and truly realize what a gift I have. My son had a true knot in his cord that if it would have tightened just a little more ... My son had the cord wrapped around his neck twice ... My son did not breathe right away ... My son had to be intubated ... Any one of those things happening could have had devastating consequences. I really am blessed.

I'm having lunch with Cory, Shelley and my mom - Leona. Then I'm going to the hospital to see the little guy.

Please pray for my brother and his little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment