Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still sick

I ended up bringing Dax and Kaylee to the doctor yesterday - for 2 completely different reasons. Dax has a cough and I just wanted to get it checked. His cough is fine but turns out he has an ear infection. Poor guy - that was the last thing I thought he had. He's now on antibiotics. I hate to give him medication so young but it's better to be safe than sorry when it comes to their little ears.

I brought Kaylee to the doctor because about 2 weeks ago right after dinner she came to me and said that her chin area was completely numb. Being the nice mom that I am of course I thought she was exaggerating so I pinched her chin. She really had no feeling. I feel quite bad because I pinched quite hard. She then let me know that this had been going on for a few months (she just figured it wasn't anything serious). 2 nights ago she had another "episode" where her tongue went numb. That was enough for me. Doctor Courtney actually thinks that she may be having migraines. Hmmm - interesting thought. She's sending Kaylee to a neurologist to hopefully get some definitive answers. In any case I know faces just don't go numb for no reason. I just hope that it isn't something serious. On top of migraines it could also be a sign of a more serious illness such as seizures. I just hope we get the appointment quickly and everything comes back fine.

I got my prescription for my blood pressure pills refilled but didn't tell her that I'm no longer taking my birth control pills. I know in the end it's my decision but I didn't want to explain everything in front of Kaylee. I feel so much better now that I don't take them anymore. No more crazy lady for me. I can deal with lifes curveballs, Dax's crying and even Kaylee's tantrums without totally breaking down and wanting to end it all. It was getting very scary in my head for a little while there. I'm glad I figured out the problem before going to the doctor and getting medicated for depression. Not that I have any problem with medication - I just prefer not to take them unless it's totally necessary. My take on quitting the pill is that we will be as careful as possible and if we get pregnant - well we get pregnant and have another baby. I want to have at least one more baby. I think Scott does too. I would like to have them fairly close together but we'll see. I'd really like my body to get over this last (horrible) pregnancy before I have to endure another.

I have time to think about this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment